I was interviewed by Arwen/Elizabeth (I'll post the rules underneath) and here are my questions and my answers!
1. When did you realize you wanted to homeschool? What's the number-one reason you decided to do it?
I first started thinking about homeschooing while Reagan was in preschool. But my family originally was unsupportive, and so I started him in public school for kindergarten. I REALLY started thinking about it when we moved to Minnesota, and he wasn't making progress. Then I read "So You're Thinking of Homeschooling" by Lisa Welchel, and became convinced that I could do.
I homeschool for lots of reasons, but I think my main one is to really make the kids part of their family and their faith community first. I just don't the competition of their peers right now.
2. If someone gave you $200 that you had to spend all at one store, what would that store be?
This is a hard question. But I'd probably go to Walmart. I know! I know! But I can get everything at Walmart!
3. What saint do you think you're most like? What saint do you wish to be most like?
Here's where being a fairly new Catholic hurts me. I just don't know about that many saints. My Saint of the Week thing I do is totally for me! If there was a Saint who was a major screwup when they were young, but then found their path and tried to follow God, that's the one I'm most like. I want to be most like St. Anne. She's my patron saint, and the patron saint of our homeschool. She's the patron saint of pregnant women, nursing mothers, housewives, grandmothers, all of the things I am and one day hope to be. And she raised Our Lady, after all!
4. When did you first realize that Dominic was the one for you?
He realized it first. I can't tell you the moment I knew. Love came softly, quietly, crept around behind me and enveloped me slowly. I can tell you that I married a good, honest man. I'm grateful for the gift of him every day.
5. Where did you get your children's names?
Reagan - Loved this name, was considering it for either boy or girl, decided on it after seeing the Exorcist. Alan - My father's name. I was a single mom when Reagan was born, and my dad was wonderful, considering.
Piper - We watch "Charmed" and really like the character of Piper. It started out as a joke, but then we really both liked it, so it stuck. Arwen - My husband is a HUGE LOTR fan.
Bridget - I love Celtic names, and it's my heritage. So, Bridget was a saint, a celtic name, and one we both liked. It's hard to find names we both like. Eowyn - See above.
Sarah - I've always loved the name Sarah, and we both agreed on it at the same time. Dominic actually looked at me and told me that I couldn't change my mind. Anne - It's a family name and a saints name, and my mom really wanted it.
The Official Interview Game Rules
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.