Piper just gets more and more fun all the time. So here are my 10 reasons I love having a three year old
- She says "Yes, Mommy" and "Wukka Me, Mommy!" and "Come on, Mommy, dance!" as well as a thousand other endearing phrases.
- She picked up the little two-minute hourglass timer in the bathroom that tells the kids how long to brush, held it in her hands, and said "I wish I wish with all my heart, to fly with dragons in a land apart."
- I now have someone who cheers for me when I make pee pee in the potty. And some days you just need to know you've done something well.
- She's learned how to scrub the sink. No she doesn't rinse it out or clean anything else. But give that girl a little comet and a sponge, and she will get a kitchen sink SPOTLESS!
- Her phrases have such feeling now. I picked up raisins at the supermarket and she said "Fank you, Mommy, fank you! I wuva my waisins!" S he was so totally sincere.
- She thinks there's a baby in her tummy too.
- She imitates Mommy. A totally humbling experience.
- She has a very strong sense of right and wrong. Sometimes I hear her saying things like, "No, Bidjet, don't do that!
- She's convinced she can do all sorts of things. After seeing daddy go potty, for example, she really thought she could pee pee standing up, too.
- Through her eyes the world is new and exciting. And every new skill is fun and amazing. She renews my wonder of the world.
A the end of the day she hugs me and says "I wuvva my Mommy" and I just throw my arms around her and say, I "wuvva my Piper, too!"
Yes, I love both of my daughters. But today I just wanted to take a minute and remember all of the things I love about being three!