Today is Friday. My children are all happy, healthy, and playing or sleeping. I thought about what to write about. Should I talk about what we're doing with homeschooling, what we're learning about, give some information about homeschooling? Ultimately I decided that today is a day that I should take stock and name some things that I'm grateful for.
1. I am grateful for a loving partner who seeks to support me, sees past my faults, and continues every day to be my best friend.
2. I'm grateful for healthy children who have access to the services that they need to make their lives easier.
3. I'm grateful for the jobs that pay our bills.
4. I am grateful for good friends who enrich my life and let me know that in all the craziness, I am not alone.
5. I'm grateful for the mind God gave me that allows me to think, question, and learn His truths for myself.
6. I'm grateful for the freedoms given to me by my country, including the right to free speech.
7. I'm grateful that I'm allowed to raise my children the way I see fit, and can relish the joys of homeschooling them. At the same time, I'm grateful for all those who work in the public schools because they're helping my sons.
8. I'm grateful for a God who loves me so much that He'd do anything to allow me to live forever with Him. And I'm grateful that He gives me such a clear example of a loving parent from which I can learn.
I have so much to be thankful for, and I wonder if I don't sometimes spend too much time complaining about what I lack or what I want and not enough time thanking God for all I've been given.