These are 13 things I think every mom should know:
1. Trust your instincts. No one knows your baby or child better than you do.
2. Chocolate is your friend.
3. When you first bring your baby home, it will feel like one long day, because you never get enough sleep. But it's only like that with your first baby.
4. Parenting is sometimes more art than science. You may have to experiment with different ideas to know what works best for your baby.
5. The best way to teach the things you want to see, is by modeling them. A game of "May I have that, please? Thank you! Would you like the ball?" will teach your child manners better than anything else.
6. Children love and trust their parents. Don't do anything to betray that trust. Test every "expert". They may sincerely believe what they're teaching, but it doesn't make them right.
7. Kids don't need half the stuff that's sold for them. When you have a baby, what you really need is a good sling.
8. When you become a parent, your whole world shifts, and your child becomes everything. For small children, that's how they feel about their parents, too.
9. Being a gentle parent doesn't mean you have to be a pushover.
10. You don't have to spank.
11. Have fun every day. On the bad days, it's even more important to laugh and connect.
12. Tell your children how important they are to you and that you're proud of them. Children blossom with praise.
13. Hug and kiss your babies, every day.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants